We are Lions Gate International (UK) Limited (“LG UK“, “us“, “our” or “we“). We provide the website located at http://www.lionsgatefilms.co.uk/ (the “Site“).
This policy explains how and why we use personal data (also known as personal information, personally identifiable information or PII) for the purposes of providing, promoting and developing the Site. This policy also provides contact details and important information about privacy rights.
This policy was last updated April 27, 2021. We will periodically update this policy so please check back for updates.
Contact details of the data Controller
Lions Gate International (UK) Limited,
45 Mortimer Street,
London, W1W 8HJ,
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO“), please email email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data relating to website visitors when they interact with the Site. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, search for a product, enter a competition, promotion or survey, complete a job application form and when you report a problem with our Site.
Specifically, we collect the following types of personal data relating to Site visitors and other individuals –
- Name and address.
- Date of birth.
- Contact details (including email address and phone number).
- Payment details (in limited circumstances).
- Registration for any contests, features and other promotions offered as part of, or in relation to, the Site.
- Participation in online research.
- Reports of issues with the Site.
- Correspondence (including email and chat).
- Screen names.
- Submissions, voting and polling activities.
- Site usage and activity.
- Search queries.
- Information about interests.
- Technology used to access the Site, including –
- Device information.
- Browser information.
- Internet service provider or mobile carrier.
- Referring and exit pages.
- Date and time stamps.
- Clickstream data (including page clicks and scrolls)
- Bandwidth speed.
- Software and registry keys.
- IP address and device ID.
- Information from cookies and similar technologies.
In addition to collecting personal data directly from Site visitors, we collect information from social media companies as well as other companies with whom Site visitors and other individuals have a relationship (“Partners”). Partners include Internet Service Providers, third parties that support the Site, online and offline data providers and voice assistant platform providers. We recommend that Site visitors and other individuals read the privacy policies of all organisations that process personal data relating to them.
How we use personal data
We use personal data of the categories under lit. a-n above to provide, promote and develop the Site. More specifically we use personal data to –
- Improve the Site by providing personalised content, language, help and instructions
- Customise the Site by location.
- Provide customer service assistance.
- Ask Site visitors to participate in surveys, products, services, news and events.
- Provide Site visitors with news, newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.
- Better understand how Site visitors use the Site (including checking traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular).
- Receive and respond to submissions or correspondence.
- Administer community postings (for example, chat and bulletin boards), including publishing screen names and other information provided by Site visitors on the Internet or elsewhere.
- Repost comments about the Site, programmes and/or content on various online platforms and social media (for example, Twitter).
- Check email *opens*.
- Exercise and comply with legal rights.
Our legal grounds to use personal data
Necessary for the performance of a contract
Where we use personal data relating to individuals with whom we do not have a contract for the purposes of the Site, our legal ground is that doing so is necessary for the legitimate interest of operating and progressing our business.
Where we send Site visitors emails (or other electronic messages) containing promotional material about the Site, our legal ground is that doing so is for necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest of promoting our business.
Sometimes, we may use personal data if necessary for a third party’s legitimate interest. Where required and appropriate, we or the third party will provide you with more information about any such legitimate interest.
We will also use personal data where we have a legitimate interest in establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights.
Importantly, we will not use personal data on the grounds of a legitimate interest where the relevant individual or Site visitor’s rights and freedoms override the legitimate interest. In addition, where we rely on a legitimate interest to use personal data, the individual or Site visitor to whom the personal data relates may object. To object please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we need consent to use personal data (for example, for advertising cookies), we will request consent in a clear manner and explain for what purpose the personal data will be used.
Separately from providing, developing and promoting the Site, we will also use personal information when we are required to do so by law. Where that is the case, our legal ground is that the use of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
We may use automated decision-making to provide Site visitors with the most relevant content and develop the Site. However, we do not use automated decision-making to make any legally significant decisions about individuals.
Sharing personal data
We share personal data with and receive personal data from Partners.
To help provide, develop and promote the Site, we share personal data with and receive personal data from the following types of service provider –
- Payment processors.
- Advertising partners.
- Analytics service providers.
- IT providers.
- Professional services (for example, accountants and lawyers).
We have contracts in place with these service providers that strictly govern how they may use the personal data (listed above lit-a-n) we share with them.
Group companies and business reorganisations
We will share personal data (listed above lit. a-n) with our group companies where necessary to provide, develop or promote the Site.
We will share personal data with potential buyers, group companies and/or business partners where necessary for a reorganisation, restructuring, merger, sale or transfer of assets involving us and/or the Site.
Legal rights and obligations
We will share personal data where necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We will also share personal data where required by the courts, regulators or law.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small information files that we place on the devices used to access the Site. The types of Cookies we use are described below:
We use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of our website. This analytics service generates statistical information about our website use by means of cookies.
Below is a list of the cookies set by Google Analytics and an explanation of their usage:
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_qa||2 years||Used to distinguish users|
|_gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish user|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate|
An embedded script is a programming code used to collect information about how Site visitors use the Site. The embedded script is temporarily downloaded onto devices used to access the Site. The embedded script is only active whilst the device is used to access the Site.
A web beacon is a small graphic image or programming code that is included in some parts of the Site.
We have not implemented a response to browser-based Do Not Track signals.
For more information about advertising and your ability to opt-out of targeted advertising from such third parties, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (www.networkadvertising.org) and/or the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioural Advertising (www.aboutads.info/choices).
Where we need to seek consent for analytics and advertising cookies, embedded scripts, web beacons and other similar technologies, we will let you know.
Cookie Management You can use the methods described below to manage Cookies. You must take such steps on each browser or device that you use. If you replace, change or upgrade your browser or device, or delete your cookies, you may need to use these opt-out tools again. To exercise choice regarding cookies and tracking technologies:
- Browser Controls: You may be able to disable and manage some Cookies through your browser settings. If you use multiple browsers on the same device, you will need to manage your settings for each browser.
- Analytics Provider Opt-Outs: To disable analytics Cookies you can use the browser controls discussed above or, for some of our providers (e.g. Google, Apple), you can use their individual opt-out mechanisms
- Interest-Based Advertising: For more information or to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating third-party advertisers please visit:
Information Commissioner’s Office: www.ico.gov.uk/cookies
Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
- Cross-Device Tracking: To opt out of our browser-based cross-device tracking for advertising purposes. You must opt out separately on each device and each browser that you use. For more information about cross-device matching, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative. If you opt out of cross-device tracking for advertising purposes, we may still conduct cross-device tracking for other purposes, such as analytics.
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal data relating to individuals under the age of 13 – except if necessary on a one-time basis in response to a specific issue. If you are a parent or guardian that has discovered that your child under 13 has submitted personal data without your permission, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
We routinely transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA“) to the United States. Where we transfer personal data to the United States we normally use approved standard contractual clauses safeguards. If you would like more information about how we transfer personal data outside the EEA and the safeguards we use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We keep personal data relating a Site visitor for up to seven years after we last interacted with them.
Site visitors and other individuals have the rights to –
- Information about how we use personal data (which is what this policy is for).
- Access to personal data.
- Object to direct marketing and the use of personal data based on the grounds of legitimate interest.
- Erasure of personal data.
- Portability of personal data.
- Withdraw consent where our use of personal data is based on consent.
- Rectification of personal data.
- Restriction of personal data.
Please be aware that these rights are not absolute and there may be some situations in which they cannot be exercised or they are not relevant. The Information Commissioner’s Office has more information about each of these rights at www.ico.org.uk.
We are aware of your privacy concerns and we strive to collect only as much data as is required to make your use of the Site as efficient and satisfying as possible. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that whatever information you provide will be maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Contact and DPO
If you need assistance with any of the issues covered in this policy, please contact us at, Lions Gate International (UK) Limited, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ, United Kingdom email@example.com.
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO“), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.