Updated: 22 May 2018
Lions Gate International (UK) Limited on its own behalf, with Lions Gate UK Limited or in combination with one of its film or television divisions or joint ventures (collectively referred to herein, solely for ease of reference, as “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site http://lionsgatefilms.co.uk/ (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, join our mailing lists, search for a product, enter a competition, promotion or survey, complete a job application form and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and birthday.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect information including some or all of the following:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our reception number (020 7299 8800 or UkReception@lionsgatefilms.co.uk).
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data, including:
- the right to request information regarding how your personal data is processed;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate or out of date;
- the right to have your personal data erased in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to object to certain processing or to have certain processing restricted (for example processing for marketing purposes);
- the right to have your personal data transferred from one data controller to another; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection regulator.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
If you have any queries about these rights or you would like to exercise any of the rights above, please do contact us at Lionsgate UK, Fifth Floor, 45 Mortimer Street, London W1W 8HJ or email@example.com or the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please note, these rights are not absolute and there may be conditions which must be met before you can enforce these rights.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will process your personal data for no longer than is necessary. In some cases, this will be up to 12 months or longer if required by a legal or regulatory obligation or for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, but where this is not the case we will delete your personal data sooner.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may be able to charge a reasonable fee if your request is excessive or there might be some occasions where we cannot fulfill a request.