Director, International Television Sales EMEA
Jul 21st, 2022
Title: Director, International Television Sales EMEA
Reports To: VP, International TV Sales
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is a leading global filmed entertainment studio and is a major producer and distributor of motion pictures, home entertainment, television programming, video on demand and digitally delivered content and is at the forefront of driving growth from digital platforms.
Lionsgate has an opening for its London-based International Television licensing division, covering film and television series in both traditional and new media. The successful candidate will be responsible for key EMEA territories. An ambitious sales person with strong experience and a track record of increasing revenues in traditional & digital media (SVOD / AVOD) as well as licensing high calibre scripted programs, major feature films, unscripted programming and local productions.
Key responsibilities include
- Structuring ambitious budget targets and implementing strategy for television sales business in line with overall global Lionsgate strategy;
- Taking responsibility for long term annual/quarterly sales budget and growing revenues;
- Responsible for all aspects of sophisticated commercial negotiations to achieve strong licence fees and terms from the market;
- Foster excellent profile of Lionsgate and maintain critical day-to-day relationships with respective TV and digital clients as well as senior stakeholders within their businesses and identify new customers for relevant products.
- Maintain regular contact with licensees through correspondence, regular in person meetings and planned events and attendance at key programming markets. Conduct regular sales visits to designated territories/offices and accompany senior Lionsgate executives on trips.
- Develop and take a keen interest in market developments to maintain in-depth intelligence of the media distribution landscape.
- Identify market and competitive trends in terms of programming requirements, local content/quota regulations, audience preferences and local tastes;
- Effect the closure of deals by liaising with Legal Affairs, Rights & Clearances to ensure a streamlined process and attention to detail with contract finalisation;
- Maintain sound deal management of finalised agreements;
- Develop excellent working relationship with other Lionsgate divisions including MPG in both UK and US – ability to represent interests and needs of LG Int’l TV across different divisions.
Key Skills Required
- Ability to demonstrate significant top-line sales growth in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment and proactive regarding new business opportunities;
- Sound deal analysis and estimate modelling skills for long term value of content using range of resources/verifiable information across multiple media and windows;
- Proven track record of building, meeting and exceeding sales targets and long term budgets;
- Ability to negotiate short & long-term distribution deals with broadcasters and digital platforms for a variety of programming (including film and TV series.)
- Familiar with the programming sales and distribution environment with hands-on experience in scripted programs as well as major feature films, unscripted programming and local productions
- Possesses an understanding of European television and local production markets with strong contacts across the business.
- Highly organised, able to work independently and effectively to meet strict business deadlines and capable of working under pressure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to confidently interact with all levels of Lionsgate and client management.
- Education: Honours level degree or equivalent experience.
- European languages an advantage.
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values
– Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
– Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
– Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
– Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
– Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission. Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.