International Distribution and Partnerships Manager, STARZPLAY
Jun 6th, 2022
Job Title: International Distribution and Partnerships Manager
Reports To: Director, International Distribution and Partnerships (London)
Location: London, UK
Starz continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform in a growing number of territories. The STARZPLAY premium streaming service gives subscribers the opportunity to watch STARZ premium content all in one place, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day-and-date with the US. Available through its own direct to consumer STARZPLAY app, global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies and other online and digital platforms, STARZPLAY offers subscribers access to STARZ Original series, premium movies and curated content focused on a global audience.
STARZPLAY is currently available through Partnerships and Direct-to Consumer app in UK, Brazil, LATAM, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Benelux, Spain and the Nordics.
The Manager, International Distribution and Partnerships will be an integral part of the distribution of the STARZPLAY service; providing critical day-to-day Account Management and support of the STARZPLAY in-market relationships on assigned accounts whilst assisting the Distribution and Partnerships team on building new opportunities across the UK, EU, and Nordics.
- Support the achievement of subscriber and revenue targets for new and established assigned partners
- Identify new distribution and partnership opportunities in assigned markets to build subscriber base, STARZPLAY distribution and brand reach
- Assist on assigned new partner launches, liaising with key stakeholders across Operations, Programming and Marketing alongside the partner
- Build and foster strong relationships with partner teams to drive relationship and growth opportunities
- Review and track key subscriber metrics to build growth strategies in conjunction with Partner Marketing teams
- Collaborate closely with Partner Marketing and Content Marketing teams to ensure we are meeting all key initiatives and developing plans to hit subscriber goals
- Maintain partner, competitor and in-market analysis across platforms and industry publications
- Proactively support the development of business plans to drive subscriber and revenue objectives, build the brand within market
- Development of pitch decks and support materials for prospective new partners, new partner onboarding and existing business meetings
- Regular reporting to the STARZPLAY stake holders to update on market changes and trends that could impact the business
- Support Distribution and Partnerships team on key partner/ territory projects
Experience & Skills
- Experienced in account management (leading and supporting) and building partner relationships is a must
- International/multi-market experience or able to demonstrate strong knowledge of European entertainment landscape and players within key EU markets
- Strong understanding of SVOD landscape, key subscribers metrics and growth marketing tactics
- Exceptionally strong Google Suite (Drive, Slides, Sheets, Docs) skills, plus Excel, Power Point and Word Ability to create, foster, and maintain relationships across internal divisions
- Highly commercial
- Comfortable working in highly maxtrixed and fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and time among competing initiatives and teams
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated interest in television and movie content
- International travel may be required
- Foreign language skills are a bonus
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.