Consumer Marketing Manager, STARZPLAY
Jun 6th, 2022
Job Title: Consumer Marketing Manager
Reports To: SVP, International Marketing
Location: London, UK
Starz continues to grow its global footprint with its ongoing expansion of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform in a growing number of territories. The STARZPLAY premium streaming service gives subscribers the opportunity to watch STARZ premium content all in one place, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day-and-date with the US. Available through its own direct to consumer STARZPLAY app, global digital broadcast services, multi-channel video distributors, telecommunications companies and other online and digital platforms, STARZPLAY offers subscribers access to STARZ Original series, premium movies and curated content focused on a global audience. STARZPLAY is currently available through its DTC app in Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain and the UK; in Europe, Latin America and Japan on Apple TV, in France, Germany, Mexico and the UK on Amazon Prime Video channels, in Brazil, Mexico and the UK through Roku streaming devices and on the following local platforms: in France on Orange, in Mexico on izzi and Totalplay; in Spain on Orange and Vodafone; in the UK on Virgin Media; as Lionsgate Play in India and as Starz in Canada in alliance with Bell Media.
The position reports to our SVP, International Marketing and the focus of this role is to help build best-in-class strategies and campaigns for the EU markets. The role will work cross-functionally, across a range of platforms to increase awareness and drive subscriptions. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced marketing team and bring the joy of premium streaming content to entertainment fans around the world.
- Be the territory expert. Have a strong understanding of the SVOD landscape, competition’s marketing activity and audience viewing habits in our focus EU markets. Proactively communicate with larger International Marketing team to help inform regional strategies and tactics.
- Closely collaborate with cross-functional teams and bring territory insights that help shape campaign strategy and creative development.
Partner with Paid Media and drive speciﬁc tactics and titles within the Amazon Advertising ecosystem to increase subscriptions and engagement.
- Evaluate performance of titles, marketing and promotional campaigns and analyze campaigns to recommend improvements
- Work closely with the EU Partner Marketing team to help ﬁnd and drive consumer marketing opportunities with our Distribution Partners.
Experience & Skills
- Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience in Brand/Marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Marketing experience at an entertainment company or subscription service is a major plus
- Strength in working with fast moving cross-functional teams towards building seamless and integrated marketing campaigns
- Be a self-starter as well as a proactive, concise, and clear communicator
- Love for digging deep into market insights and understanding consumer needs and motivations
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.