Vice President, International Business and Legal Affairs
Mar 18th, 2021
Job Title: Vice President, International Business and Legal Affairs
Department: International Business and Legal Affairs
Reports To: EVP, International Business and Legal Affairs
Location: London, UK
A leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales is currently recruiting for a Vice President. This role will primary be responsible for overseeing the International Business and Legal Affairs team within the UK office, the ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer with the ability to demonstrate extensive legal experience (in a law firm or in-house) of international film distribution in terms of negotiation, finance, extensive drafting, compliance and tax obligations. The role requires excellent drafting skills, a proven track record of sharp attention to detail and organisational skills. It also requires a self-motivated autonomous individual who embraces responsibility, thrives on a varied workload, as well as being resilient to the demands of the business and the International Business and Legal Affairs team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Draft and negotiate content distribution agreements for non-Americas territories (all countries worldwide other than North and South America).
- Communicate regularly with third party non-Americas content distributors and third party producers.
- Summarize and analyse international distribution as well as general legal issues for executive teams.
- Assist in the oversight of financial/contractual compliance of all non-Americas distributors, including drafting, serving and tracking of notices of defaults, terminations, arbitrations, cease and desist demands, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Attend and provide counsel during major film markets (as required).
- Work closely with U.S. general counsel, U.S. chief financial officer, and U.S. chief tax officer office to analyse and resolve potential structural, compliance and tax issues in the non-Americas, including controversy/appeals/litigation (as required).
- Manage intercompany Non-Americas IP transfers and licenses, as well as service arrangements.
- Oversee filing and dispersal of all tax forms (annual and ad hoc/country-specific) pertinent to non-Americas distribution, and related notarization, authentication, legalization and consularization of supporting documents.
- Either the required qualifications to practice as a solicitor in the UK or an attorney registered in the United States.
- Extensive experience working as counsel of a film/media company (in a law firm or in-house).
- Ability to work on an international time schedule, including real-time negotiations with the United States, Asia, and other time zones.
- Ability to work under pressure, good organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Succinct communication skills at all levels (verbal and written).
- Ability and willingness to travel when required.
- Proficient line manager skills, strong team player with the ability to build relationships with employees at all levels and support other members of the team as needed.
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.
Please send a covering letter and copy of your CV to the HR Department together with details of your current salary and benefits.