Vice President, Television Sales, EMEA
Feb 3rd, 2021
Job Title: VP, Television Sales, EMEA
Department: International TV Sales
Reports To: SVP and Head of EMEA, International TV Sales
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is a leading global filmed entertainment studio and is a major producer and distributor of motion pictures, home entertainment, family entertainment, television programming, video-on-demand and digitally delivered content.
Lionsgate has an opening for its London-based International Television licensing division, covering film and television series in both traditional and new media. The successful candidate will be responsible for key EMEA territories. An ambitious senior sales person with extensive experience and an outstanding track record of increasing revenues in traditional & digital media (SVOD / AVOD) as well as licensing high calibre scripted programs, major feature films, unscripted programming and local productions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Achieve annual/quarterly sales targets, growing revenues from new market streams and all aspects of commercial negotiations.
- Foster and maintain critical day-to-day relationships with respective TV and digital clients and identify new customers for relevant products.
- Maintain regular contact with licensees through correspondence, territory visits and regular attendance at key programming markets. Conduct regular sales visits to designated territories and accompany.
- Develop an on-going detailed knowledge throughout assigned territories to maintain an in-depth knowledge of the media distribution landscape.
- Identify market trends in terms of programming requirements, local content/quota regulations, audience preferences and local tastes.
- Effect the closure of deals by liaising with Legal Affairs, Rights & Clearances to ensure a streamlined process.
- Responsible for the management of junior sales team members, including mentoring.
- Ability to demonstrate significant top-line sales growth in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment.
- Managed assigned P&L to meet and exceed budgeted sales targets while not sacrificing the long-term viability of the business.
- Ability to demonstrate negotiated short & long-term distribution deals with broadcasters and new platforms for a variety of programming (including film and TV series.)
- Familiar with the programming sales and distribution environment with hands-on experience in scripted programs as well as major feature films, unscripted programming and local productions
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of EMEA television and local production markets.
- Highly organised, able to meet strict business deadlines and capable of working under pressure.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to confidently interact with all levels of customer management.
- Proven ability to partner with marketing on collateral materials including catalogue programming and campaign for new releases.
- Education: Honours level degree or equivalent experience.
- European languages an advantage.
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.