SVP, Financial Controller, Maternity Cover, 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Dec 8th, 2021
Job Title: SVP, Financial Controller, Maternity Cover, 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Reports To: EVP, Finance
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is a leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in film, television, home entertainment and digital distribution. We are recruiting an experienced Financial Controller for maternity cover. This role will be responsible for maintaining accounting records, financial reporting, data processing and analysis and supervising the finance team members. In addition, the overseeing the financial audit process including the preparation of the group statutory accounts and providing information to auditors. The desired person should be a self-starter a proven track record and with previous Financial Controller experience.
- Manage the quarterly reporting process to the US to required deadlines.
- Lead the monthly management account process for internal reporting
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager on the drafting of the year end individual and consolidated statutory accounts for audit.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to manage the year end external audit process with and ensure all information is available and provided on time to the auditors.
- Keep up to date with new technical releases affecting the company such as developments in IFRS and US GAAP accounting rules and corporation tax legislation. Lead any changes required to working practices due to changes in rules.
- Maintain control of the royalty reporting ensuring statements are prepared, reviewed and distributed to required timescales.
- Manage any royalty audits with the assistance of the Royalty Accountant and ensure all information is available and provided on time to the auditors
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure timely and accurate cash flow forecasting to US deadlines
- Ensure all accounting records are kept and maintained to comply with internal and external controls and legislation.
- Suggest and implement improvements to working practices and controls.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure all reporting submissions made to different regulatory bodies are timely and accurate
- Liaise with other departments and external advisors as appropriate to ensure that all relevant areas (legal, regulation requirements, corporation tax, VAT etc) have been considered in the financial reporting process.
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager to ensure the company complies to Sarbanes-Oxley act regulations regarding internal controls and have full documentation.
- Ensure all new regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Work with the Financial Reporting Manager manage the Internal audit process
- Ensure the quarterly VAT return is reviewed and submitted on time
- Day to day management of the Senior Management Accountants, Financial Reporting Manager, Royalty Accountant, Junior Accountants and AP clerk/credit control
- Team development and training
- Performance management for team
- Ensure the accuracy of purchase and sales ledgers is maintained by regular review processes
- Lead the preparation of financial analysis for other areas of the business as required.
- Exercise tight balance sheet control across all companies by regular reconciliation and checks of all balance sheet GL accounts.
- Report to EVP of Finance on risks and areas of concern which have come to light from the balance sheet review. Provide action plans to reduce risk in these areas.
- Support the EVP of Finance in adding value and challenging the status quo in other areas of the business to optimize business performance and profitability.
- Review all new deals and acquisitions to determining how to account for these and communicate this to the relevant staff members booking the entries. Ensure the EVP of Finance, FP&A and US agree accounting treatments.
- Manage any IT changes impacting financial systems, ensure communication and training is provided to any relevant business areas as required
- Provide advice to legal and commercial teams on financial matters including helping advise on deal structures
- Check and approve payment runs
- Other ad hoc duties as required
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excel proficient
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience dealing with regulatory bodies
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley act regulations
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or equivalent) with minimum 5 years plus PQE
- Experience in a Financial Controller role or equivalent
- Experience manging the audit process
- Experience managing month end/ quarter end process
- Experience preparing statutory accounts
- Strong team management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage own time
- Media experience preferable although would also suit someone from FMCG background
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.