UK Team Assistant
Nov 21st, 2019
Job Title: UK Team Assistant
Term: 6 Months Fixed Term
Department: Acquisitions & Distribution, International
Reports To: VP, Program Acquisitions & VP, Distribution, Account Management
Starz, a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly-rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 10,000 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
STARZPLAY is an SVOD service launched in the UK and Germany with additional territories launching in 2019. The UK division of Starzplay – is seeking an experienced Team Assistant, reporting to the VP, Program Acquisitions & VP, Distribution, Account Management. Working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment, the ideal candidate will be flexible, positive, outgoing, resourceful and calm under pressure.
The candidate must have excellent organisational, prioritisation and decision-making skills, plus significant experience of managing the highly changeable calendar of a senior executive.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain an extensive and busy diary
- Conference calls involving multiple time zones, setting video conferences, and client meetings
- Co-ordinating meetings for film markets
- Preparing agendas and meeting notes
- Prepare and submit regular and accurate expense reports
- Facilitating complex travel arrangements, itineraries – including flights, trains, hotels, restaurants and taxis
- Scheduling meetings, both internally and externally
- Collation and preparation of presentations, proposals and contracts using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Occasional ad hoc projects
Key Skills Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to handle and complex situations with complete confidentiality and efficiency when required
- Able to demonstrate ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Possess a high degree of organization and time management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work collaboratively throughout an organization
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels is essential
- Ability to react instantly to changing aims and objective with the ability to operate at a fast pace
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization, follow-through, initiative, and ability to identify and anticipate challenges before they arise is key
- Work well under pressure
- Ideally a strong interest in film and TV
Our objective is to source for candidates who demonstrate our Global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.