Manager, Partner Marketing EU, Starzplay
Sep 18th, 2020
Job Title: Manager, Partner Marketing EU, Starzplay
Reports To: Director, International Marketing
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
STARZPLAY is our premium SVOD service for international markets. We are expanding our global footprint and are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our London office. The focus of this role is to grow our presence in key EU markets such as the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy through building impactful marketing programs with our key SVOD distribution partners. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-paced marketing team and bring the joy of premium content (The Act, Killing Eve, Pennyworth, and more) to entertainment fans in European markets.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading content and growth marketing strategies and communications with STARZPLAY distribution partners such as Apple, Amazon, Roku and others to ensure content marketing, merchandising and brand efforts are aligned.
- Delivering premium creative assets and presenting programming priorities and key stunts/title promotions to partners in order to generate awareness and growth of STARZPLAY
- Oversee creative transcreation for show campaigns and support social content strategy as needed for local partners.
- Lead local extensions of campaigns with partners (stunts, guerrilla, content, digital innovation) that increase the relevance of title promotion in our key European
- Go-to-market presentations and market analysis, translating audience and regional insights into valuable campaign and content recommendations and growth strategies.
- Serve as primary local marketing contact for U.S.-based marketing teams (Content Marketing, PR, Brand, Social, etc.).
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or relevant qualification and/or experience working in multiple European markets.
- Digital first/ Experienced in digital creative, display, rich media and mobile marketing best practices for consumer facing brands on the client or agency side.
- Familiarity with 3rd party ad serving platforms, rich media and paid social for desktop and mobile platforms
- Have a track record of building world-class creative campaigns, content creation to fuel brand love or disruptive new product/services launches using multi-media efforts in multiple European markets.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience managing B2B, internal, and/or customer relationships.
- Concise and clear communication. We are looking for dual fluency in English and Spanish, French or German with excellent communication skills, who is also confident working with senior leadership teams.
- Extensive knowledge of digital creative, international campaigns and digital marketing best practices.
- Experience in marketing for entertainment, gaming or music streaming services a major plus.
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.