Feb 27th, 2018
Department: International TV Sales
Reports To: SVP & Head of EMEA, Television Sales
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is the premier independent producer and distributor of motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, family entertainment and video-on-demand content. Its prestigious and prolific library is a valuable source of stable, recurring revenue and is a foundation for the growth of the Company’s core businesses. The Lionsgate brand name is synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the globe. Lionsgate is recruiting a Co-Ordinator within our International TV Sales team, supporting sales executives within the EMEA division in our London office. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, possess advanced written and verbal communication skills, and be extremely well-organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in TV sales.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support UK based sales staff by tracking offers and sales and assisting with creating projections and models.
- Assisting with deal preparation, including putting together deal memos and coordinating collision checks.
- Arrange and coordinate business travel and events for sales executives and seek approvals from senior management.
- Maintain diaries for sales executives and arrange meetings where appropriate.
- Manage expense claims and other administrative needs for the sales executives.
- Continuous UK ratings and scheduling analysis to help formulate sales strategies and maintain knowledge of market developments.
- Create and model availability lists as required.
- Creating and distributing relevant reports working with rights database systems searching rights availabilities (through SAP and SNAP).
- Becoming fluent in rights management and sales tracking databases and systems
- Prepare market guides and schedules.
- Track the workflow of contracts, amendments, notification processes, liaising with sales admin.
- Maintain proper filing systems (both paper and online) for all deals and contracts.
- Gaining a good understanding of deal memos and distribution contracts and related documents (termination notices, amendments, etc).
- Understanding and assisting with sales and budgeting tracking spreadsheets.
- Coordinating pre-and post-sales servicing, which involves liaising closely with marketing, legal and operation departments to facilitate the deal making and closing process.
- Managing tracking documents: collating all current offers and updating details (fees, license /periods) on a weekly basis, collating all client feedback on all our content (LG/Starz/NR), managing the feature film tracker detailing the windows for each feature films maximizing sales opportunities.
- Working closely with all sales related divisions, including the Sales Planning and Operations Manager and the head office in Los Angeles office on new programmes, rights, clearances etc.
- Liaising with clients on Lionsgate mail outs and providing them with up-to-date information on upcoming releases.
- Arranging for screeners/links to be sent to clients assisting with preparation of sales and marketing brochures/lists for clients.
- Working with technical operations to provide information for material delivery. Ensuring the preparation to deliver materials by notifying Operations during the final stages of closing the deal. Follow up once the deal is closed to ensure delivery of materials.
- To undertake ad hoc projects as requested by the EMEA Sales team, to research trends, information or opportunities in their regions, including for example: analysis on broadcasters, platforms, viewership, subscriber numbers, effects on viewing trends, ratings etc
- To keep abreast of competitor’s product and research and compile market comparisons for specific content where required.
- Prepare information for regular staff meetings
Key Skills Required:
- Able to demonstrate experience and passion within the sales arena
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to manage a high volume of work with the highest attention to detail and accuracy
- Successfully manage and coordinate efforts under pressure and in response to deadlines
- Evidence of working collaboratively at all levels as well as a being an individual contributor
- A creative thinker with the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate integrity in day to day performance
- Multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail and prioritisation skills required daily
We look for candidates who demonstrate the Lionsgate values: Collaborative, Passionate, Innovative, Inspiring, Integrity:
- Collaborative – a great team player who works well alongside all stakeholders
- Passionate – an ability to enrol, involve and motivate others with your ideas and plans
- Innovative – a creative flair, with the ability to think differently and offer new solutions and ideas
- Inspiring – demonstrate drive, tenacity and commitment to the job in hand
- Integrity – remaining true to the company’s values and always acting with positive intent