Team Assistant, MPG
May 19th, 2021
Job Title: Team Assistant, MPG
Department: Motion Picture Group, UK
Reports To: Head of MPG, UK and Head of UK Development & Acquisitions
Location: London, UK
A leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales are currently recruiting for the role of Assistant to support the smooth running of the department. Working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment, the ideal candidate will be flexible, resourceful and calm under pressure. With excellent organisational, prioritisation and decision-making skills, plus significant experience of managing the highly changeable calendar, with tact, diplomacy and the ability to work sensitively with extremely confidential material will be key. A self-motivated individual who has willingness to learn with a great ability to remain resilient in the face of challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Gatekeeper and first point of contact
- Manage and maintain an extensive diary for two senior executives
- Conference calls involving multiple time zones, setting video conferences, and client meetings
- Co-ordinating film markets
- Preparing correspondence, agendas and meeting notes
- Prepare and submit regular and accurate expense reports
- Facilitating travel arrangements, itineraries – including flights, trains, hotels, restaurants and taxis
- Scheduling appointments both internally and externally
- Client meeting and greeting
- Collation and preparation of presentations, proposals and contracts using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Occasional event management
- Ad hoc project work
Key Skills required:
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, juggling multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Possess a high degree of organization and time management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work collaboratively throughout an organization
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work with people at all levels is essential
- Ability to react instantly to changing aims and objective with the ability to operate at a fast pace
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization, follow-through, initiative, and ability to identify and anticipate challenges before they arise is key
- Work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ideally a strong interest in film and TV
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.