Legal Team Assistant
Jun 21st, 2021
Job Title: Legal Team Assistant
Department: Business and Legal Affairs, International TV Sales
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, International TV Sales
Location: London, UK
A leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales are currently recruiting for the role of Legal Team Assistant. Reporting directly into the Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, International TV Sales, this role will be responsible for the smooth running and administration of the team. This role requires a proven track record of excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. A self-motivated individual who has willingness to learn with a great ability to remain resilient in the face of challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Team diary management and handling phone calls (including setting up/rescheduling meetings and calls) including regular updating of contacts
- Travel and expenses management
- General administrative duties (e.g. filing, photocopying/scanning, printing, updating schedules, tracking deadlines and expiry dates etc)
- Responsibility for basic legal tasks and projects
- Tracking all amendments, contracts (EMEA/UK/Digital) on Document Status, completing updates everyday
- Track and update all tax form filings on tracker
- Updating Sales Planning, Servicing, and LA Finance team fully on tracking contracts and amendments in progress
- Filing Notice of Availabilities
- Regular tracking and chasing of clients for feedback on contracts/amendments/notices
- Preparing tax documentation for all EMEA territories
- Filing all tax documentation with HMRC correctly and in accordance with their systems
- Regular tracking and chasing of tax documentation from HMRC
- Filing Russian Apostilles with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including expense reports and tracking signatures of all Russian certificate.
- Work with UK Finance on applying courier charges for hardcopy deliveries to clients
- Prepare documents for signature, ensuring all approvals are gathered and distribute internally.
- Preparing all Financial Documentations and Certificates for Eastern European clients
- Track all PVOD releases for Legal team and UK Finance team
Key Skills required:
- Ability to demonstrate legal experience essential
- A proactive self- starter with the ability to work independently and use own initiative, with a desire to be innovative to help drive Lionsgate business forward
- Good communication at all levels (verbal and written) and ability to work collaboratively throughout the company
- A problem solver who is willing and eager to learn on the job
- Proud to be part of team and ability to work well as part of a team, working collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Organised, good time management skills with ability to work well under pressure within a fast paced and changing environment
- Delivers consistent high quality work with strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.