Legal & Business Affairs Manager (EMEA)
Nov 2nd, 2018
Job Title: Legal & Business Affairs Manager (EMEA)
Department: TV Sales, Home Entertainment & Digital Marketing, EMEA
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, EMEA
Location: London, UK
A leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales.
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain worldwide experience in TV Sales providing legal support to the EMEA sales team based in London under supervision from the Senior Vice President and Director, Business and Legal Affairs, EMEA to join a collaborative and highly experienced team.
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing standard agreements for international distribution, as directed by the Senior Vice President;
- Drafting ancillary documents in relation to the above-mentioned activities;
- Liaising with the TV Sales team in London in relation to specific deals to provide support and guidance;
- Responding to requests across the business for interpretation of contractual issues, and demonstrating analytical ability as well as confidence to evaluate information and provide sound legal judgement;
- Develop best practice standards for international distribution agreements, Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework within which the business operates;
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of television rights and underlying rights in a television distribution environment;
- Proven experience in commercial contracts, specifically dealing with licensing content where multiple client contracts are managed simultaneously;
- Effective communication at all levels of the business;
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and licensees worldwide both over the phone and via written correspondence, work under pressure and have good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrate experience and an understanding of the areas of contract and intellectual property law applicable to audio visual production (particularly television) and distribution – alongside strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ideally a qualified lawyer with at least 2 years post qualification experience (or equivalent experience within the industry) likely to have been gained in private practice dealing with the broadcast/media/technology sector with exposure to areas of commercial, IP and IT law and/or have requisite in-house legal and business experience gained within a distribution and acquisition environment.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of negotiating and drafting a variety of agreements within the Television and Digital media industry is essential.
- Sophisticated and succinct drafting skills with the ability to write lucidly and concisely for a non-legal audience.
- Autonomous and readily assumes and takes responsibility – self-motivated and a natural multi-tasker enjoys solving commercial and corporate problems – learns quickly and has clarity of thought.
- The ability to self-manage and operate collaboratively in a supportive team environment, instinctively contributing to the improvement of the team’s systems, templates and processes.
- Awareness and commitment to observe and comply with the licensing policies whilst carrying out daily tasks.
- Calm under pressure and able to manage a busy workload.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the Lionsgate values:
- Collaborative – a great team player who works well alongside all stakeholders
- Passionate – an ability to enrol, involve and motivate others with your ideas and plans
- Innovative – a creative flair, with the ability to think differently and offer new solutions and ideas
- Inspiring – demonstrate drive, tenacity and commitment to the job in hand
- Integrity – remaining true to the company’s values and always acting with positive intent