Legal & Business Affairs Manager (EMEA)
Jan 19th, 2018
Department: TV Sales, EMEA
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs
Location: London, UK
A leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales.
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain worldwide experience in TV Sales providing legal support to the EMEA sales team based in London under supervision of the Senior Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
- Negotiating and drafting TV, digital and format agreements for EMEA territories;
- Drafting ancillary documents in relation to the above-mentioned activities;
- Responding in a timely manner to Intercompany contracting issues;
- Detailed understanding of contract, commercial and intellectual property law and of the structures and systems within which broadcasters, producers and distributors operate
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework within which the business operates;
- Effective delegation to the junior members of the team;
- Training, mentoring and motivating junior members of the team;
- Sharing and updating information with the wider commercial and legal team;
- Effective communication at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of the EMEA territories and its challenges.
Key Skills Required:
- A qualified lawyer with at least 2 years post qualification experience likely to have been gained in private practice dealing with the broadcast/media/technology sector with exposure to areas of commercial, IP and IT law and/or have requisite in-house legal and business experience gained within a distribution and acquisition environment.
- Experience and an understanding of the areas of contract and intellectual property law applicable to audio visual production (particularly television) and distribution.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of negotiating and drafting a variety of agreements within the Television and Digital media industry is essential. This will be balanced with an evident interest and working knowledge of relevant technologies such as online video, social media, IPTV, mobile media, with a clear understanding of their relevance within the broadcast/media sector.
- Sophisticated and succinct drafting skills with the ability to write lucidly and concisely for a non-legal audience.
- Autonomous and readily assumes and takes responsibility – self-motivated and a natural multi-tasker enjoys solving commercial and corporate problems – learns quickly and has clarity of thought.
- The ability to self-manage and operate collaboratively in a supportive team environment, instinctively contributing to the improvement of the team’s systems, templates and processes.
- Able to translate intricate deals into simple business terms.
- Awareness and commitment to observe and comply with the licensing policies whilst carrying out daily tasks.
- Demonstrate capability to work on an international time schedule, often including negotiations with the United States.
- Calm under pressure and able to manage a busy workload.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the Lionsgate values:
- Collaborative – a great team player who works well alongside all stakeholders
- Passionate – an ability to enrol, involve and motivate others with your ideas and plans
- Innovative – a creative flair, with the ability to think differently and offer new solutions and ideas
- Inspiring – demonstrate drive, tenacity and commitment to the job in hand
- Integrity – remaining true to the company’s values and always acting with positive intent