Junior Designer, Motion Picture Group
Apr 1st, 2022
Job Title: Junior Designer, Motion Picture Group
Reports To: Marketing, UK
Location: London, UK
A leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales.
The inhouse Junior Designer works within the Motion Picture Group’s UK marketing team to support the UK Office with creative content. Their creative layout and design skills are utilised and challenged to create a range of internal and external marketing materials.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Motion Picture Group on their in-house creative design needs, ranging from internal & external presentations; to corporate communications; to customer-facing executions on some the largest digital entertainment platforms
- Assist marketing, publicity, ops and distribution teams in the creation of print, digital and AV materials for the likes of trade marketing presentations, event invites, corporate communications, exhibitor assets, awards campaigns and digital platform assets
- Work closely with the marketing leads to aid the creative agency process, creating artwork mock-ups and alternate layouts for briefs and feedback purposes
- Originate and adapt DVD/Blu-ray sleeves, digital pack-shots and trade and consumer press ads for home entertainment materials
- Adapt key-art to digital platform specs: (Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Google etc.) and help to create promotional campaigns on platforms
- Ensures Lionsgate UK website is up to date with relevant creative and information
- Design event invitations, posters, assets for boardrooms and sales presentations for trade marketing purposes
- Manage internal workflows and frequent ad hoc requests from multiple internal teams
Technical Skills Required
- Desired knowledge of the following software/technical areas:
- Adobe: Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Others: Final Cut, Keynote, Office package
- Knowledge of document set-up and exporting various print file formats
- Good Knowledge of both operating systems OS (mac) and Windows
- Basic knowledge of the different containers and codecs of the video formats
- Basic knowledge of DLSR cameras
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Attention to detail
- Organised and superb ability to multi-task
- Interest in Content and Entertainment
- Strong interest in design trends and techniques
- Enthusiasm for brainstorming and sharing ideas
- Calm under pressure
- Adaptable to the changing needs of the business – Able to work autonomously, self-motivate and stick to deadlines
- Reliable and takes pride in the quality of their work
- Flexible to maintain effectiveness in a fast moving and/or changing environment with varying tasks, responsibilities or people
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.
Lionsgate is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.