Head of Marketing
Jan 30th, 2018
Department: Home Entertainment & Digital Marketing, Lions Gate International UK Ltd
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Home Entertainment & Digital
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is a leading global filmed entertainment studio and is a major producer and distributor of motion pictures, home entertainment, family entertainment, television programming, video-on-demand and digitally delivered content.
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a London-based Head of Marketing for its Home Entertainment & Digital division. We are looking to recruit a commercial marketer and manager who is passionate about the industry, the content and the consumer, as well as demonstrating a proven track record of leading and coaching teams, executing creative campaigns, and driving revenue & profitability.
The Head of Marketing will set a clear vision and strategy for the team and motivate them to achieve best-in-class results across our new release and library of Film and TV content. They will work closely with the Heads of Sales across physical and digital to deliver the group financial targets, as well as working with teams across the wider business from theatrical through to TV Sales to maximise all opportunities to promote Lionsgate content.
Lead, motivate and develop the marketing team to:
- Deliver the Home Entertainment & Digital Annual Plan
- Create and implement innovative consumer and trade marketing campaigns for Lionsgate Home Entertainment new releases
- Motivate the sales teams to optimise New Release and Catalogue opportunities in all accounts
- Ensure P&Ls meet the desired profitability levels, invoices are paid in a timely manner and costs are evaluated for efficiencies
- Analyse, evaluate and use results to make necessary adjustments to future marketing plans
- Review library activity on an on-going basis and identify opportunities to refresh titles, plan promotions and make recommendations for pricing based on market movements and transaction analysis
- Develop market insights and seek out what’s new, what’s working, and ways in which we can strive to improve and deliver the ‘extra inch’ in all campaigns
Responsibility for Goal Setting & Vision:
- Set and clearly communicate Department goals and individuals’ goals which will enhance the overall growth of the team, as well as the business
- Encourage collaboration on goal-setting for individual title releases and promotions to ensure the team own and understand the objectives for all titles each quarter
Accountability for all content P&Ls across New Release and Library Content:
- Oversee development and sales analysis for each release/promotion
- Ensure marketing funds are used to maximise sales and profitability
- Ensure senior management are informed and on-board with all activity
- Undertake post-campaign analysis to be shared with key stakeholders
- Explore new ventures and monitor competitor & media landscape to help build the overall marketing expertise of the team with a view to becoming the leading marketing team within the industry.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Commercial Marketer who is passionate about the consumer as well as demonstrating a strong return on investment
- Strong people manager with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire top performance from every member of the team
- Skilled in modelling sales performance, ensuring that the team meet quarterly & annual sales forecasts
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of the Home Entertainment Market, both Packaged media and Digital, and all key players from content owners to retailers
- Highly organised, able to meet strict business deadlines and capable of working under pressure
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to confidently interact and engage with all levels of management.
- Excellent commercial acumen – from helping to build and deliver annual budget plans and quarterly forecasts across to reporting, forecasting and sharing financial information with key stakeholders
We look for candidates who demonstrate the Lionsgate values: Collaborative, Passionate, Innovative, Inspiring, Integrity:
- Collaborative – a great team player who works well alongside all stakeholders
- Passionate – an ability to enrol, involve and motivate others with your ideas and plans
- Innovative – a creative flair, with the ability to think differently and offer new solutions and ideas
- Inspiring – demonstrate drive, tenacity and commitment to the job in hand
- Integrity – remaining true to the company’s values and always acting with positive intent
Please include a covering letter with your application. Closing date: Friday 9th February 2018.