Director, Program Acquisitions
Dec 13th, 2018
Job Title: Director, Program Acquisitions
Reports To: Head of Program Acquisitions
Location: London, UK
Starz, a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service. Starz is home to the flagship STARZ® brand and STARZ ENCORE channels and provides high-quality, entertaining premium subscription video programming with 17 premium pay TV channels and associated on-demand and online services, including the STARZ app.
STARZPLAY has launched in the UK and Germany with additional territories launching in 2019. The role of Director, Program Acquisitions which will be based in the Lionsgate UK office, reporting to the Head of Program Acquisitions. The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills that allow for excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to be highly entrepreneurial in a structured environment. Comfortable working autonomously, takes the initiative, manages multiple projects, with strong negotiation skills and a keen interest in and aptitude for finding desirable content from all over the world.
- Utilize existing and building new relationships with local and regional distributors to source content.
- Evaluate content as applicable/desirable to each specific territory.
- Participate in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments).
- Have knowledge of the production landscape and identify appealing series early in the life cycle.
- Represent acquisition team interests across the company (finance, business affairs, operations, marketing/PR, business intelligence/reporting) on a regular basis.
- KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: working closely with U.S. Starz offices.
- Strong negotiation skills with regard to content licensing, with an outstanding track record.
- Knowledge of content licensing agreements.
- Must be familiar with global market trends and industry shifts.
- Demonstrate strong planning, organizational, time management skills required; in order to manage multiple tasks and meet
- Must have strong relationship building skills.
- Must be comfortable working autonomously.
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity, and good business acumen.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to exceed
- Collaborative, influential approach to problem
- Fluency in one or more European languages an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
- Direct knowledge of market-specific players and television programming of European, etc. territories.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across multiple geographies and time zones.
- The ability to demonstrate relevant work experience within the industry, including significant negotiation experience.