Digital Account Manager UK and Asia
Dec 18th, 2020
Job Title: Digital Account Manager, UK & Asia Digital Sales
Department: Digital Sales
Reports To: Vice President International Digital Sales
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is a leading distributor at the forefront of driving growth from existing and new digital platforms. We are searching for an ideal candidate to support this evolving area of the business reporting into the Vice President International Digital Sales. The chosen candidate will form an integral part of the distribution group in achieving optimum results on its digital business from our TVOD and EST platform partners. The Lionsgate digital team works closely with all key internal teams including Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance and the Lionsgate US office. The team focuses on successfully rolling out digital initiatives and delivering best in class service to our digital platform partners.
Managing a number of key digital accounts across both the UK and Asia, the role is responsible for planning and executing digital-specific initiatives and works collaboratively with the relevant teams to ensure that all Digital activities are fully aligned with customer objectives, coherent with Lionsgate’s overall business strategies, and on plan to exceed targets.
Digital Customer Management
- Grow the digital business for Lionsgate by optimising digital account management across UK and Asia
- Manage a portfolio of key digital accounts, monitor customer profitability and prioritise commercial activities with each account
- Act as primary day-to-day commercial contact for digital accounts and facilitate engagement at multiple levels and through appropriate contacts within Lionsgate both in the UK and US
- Conduct regular product presentations and business reviews for each account with support from the wider Home Entertainment team
- Implement joint activity planning with each account to ensure Lionsgate delivers against their objectives while achieving targets
Trade Marketing and Promotions
- Define key promotional and merchandising requirements for each account, allocate co-op budget (as available) and monitor spend vs. account performance
- Work with the Home Entertainment team to determine product range, promotional price offers and placement that maximize digital sales with each account
- Develop a promotional calendar for Digital accounts, liaising where appropriate to co-ordinate activities
- Manage the implementation of Digital promotions and trade activities, developing joint plans with accounts and agreeing guidelines for excellent execution
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure sign off and support for tailored marketing activities and account exclusive offers
Business Planning and Development
- Build a thorough understanding of Digital customer needs and key levers to achieve Lionsgate objectives; monitor competitor strategies
- Provide input into the development of Digital market opportunities and new customer initiatives
- Monitor weekly/monthly performance and recommend action as appropriate to improve sales, margin, and share of customer business
- Generate and implement rolling customer business plans to meet / exceed targets at account business target levels
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience in account Management, including strong sales and negotiation experience
- Highly organised and able to meet strict business deadlines and capable of working under pressure
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Digital landscape
- Ability to demonstrate how to inspire customers and drive excellence in relationships with all Lionsgate stakeholders
- Customer business planning experience including strength in annual and quarterly planning to achieve overall targets
- Experience gained on digital distribution within a digital, Home Entertainment, content licensing or other company engaging in digital management
- Specific experience and knowledge of digital distribution business and traditional home entertainment business
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the changing market of film and TV
- A high standard of influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong client and internal relationships
- Confident at building and maintaining strong business relationships
- Strong data analysis, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and interest in digital entertainment businesses and business models
- Desire to innovate to help drive Lionsgate business forward
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate integrity in day to day performance
- Word, Powerpoint & Excel proficiency required
- Languages beneficial, not vital
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.