Accounts Payable Clerk
Oct 4th, 2023
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reports To: Senior Management Accountant
Location: London, UK
Lionsgate is a vertically integrated next generation global content leader with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, premium pay television networks, home entertainment, global distribution and sales, interactive ventures and games and location-based entertainment.
The London office are currently recruiting for the role of Accounts Payable Clerk, reporting to the Senior Management Accountant within the Finance team. It is essential that the ideal candidate is able to demonstrate excellent communications skills and previous experience within a similar role.
Purchase Ledger duties
- Ensuring invoices received are correctly raised as per HMRC guidelines and are forwarded on to the relevant department for approval
- Processing supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Ensuring supplier invoices are posted to SAP only when approved and the PO raiser confirmed the goods/services have been received.
- Monitoring of the Accounts Payable email Inbox to ensure timely postings of approved invoices & posting the invoices against the correct PO’s
- Ensuring all non-PO invoices have necessary approvals before posting to correct accounts
- Ensuring all invoices posted have supporting documents attached in SAP
- Reviewing debit balances on the purchase ledger
- Working with the Management Accountants and Financial Controller to ensure costs are accurately recorded (correct profit centres, internal orders, company, FX rate, VAT correctly recorded, etc)
- Reviewing supplier accounts to identify invoices due for payment.
- Preparing a list of invoices proposed for payment, ensuring all invoices are posted and have all the correct supporting documents with them
- Preparing payment run including BACS and same day transfers
- Answering questions arising on review of the payment run by management pre-approval and release
- Sending remittances to suppliers to ensure correct application of payments
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations to identify missing invoices, requesting copies and passing these to relevant staff for approval
- Checking to make sure Vendor bank details correctly match the Invoices and working with the Junior Accountants when this needs correcting.
- Send Parked Reports to the relevant departments every 2 weeks and chase invoices not received.
- Help with X-Suite implementation after go live in November
Financial Reporting and Month End
- Ensure all invoice postings are complete as far as possible in the run up to month end
- Ensure all payments made in the month are posted in the run up to month end
- Reconcile all bank accounts and post any bank charges and interest at month end
- Ensure correct documentation is kept and maintained to comply with internal and external controls and legislation
- Assist with the provision of information for the year and audit process and ensure all information is available and provided on time to the auditors.
- Provide billings support by assisting with Theatrical invoicing in the MACCS system to contractual terms, chasing Box Office Returns and if required distribute Theatrical invoices to customers for payment process. This will be as agreed between the Senior Accounts Payable Clerk and the Junior Management Accountant and dependent on workload.
- Monthly Digital revenue postings for various platforms.
- Monthly postings and reconciliations for Infinity Travel.
- Help with Adhoc audit requests
Team working and external communication
- Deal with supplier queries in a timely manner
- Assist with queries on suppliers and invoice payment from other departments and other members of the finance team
- Communicate with other departments to ensure invoices are processed by them in a timely manner, they are aware of correct processes to follow including coding of costs, PO approvals and payment scheduling
- Participate in monthly accounts payable meetings
- Able to demonstrate Purchase Ledger experience is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of book keeping / double entry
- SAP experience preferable
- Intermediate excel is preferable
Our objective is to source candidates who demonstrate our global values:
- Resourcefulness – We redefine what is possible.
- Innovation – We challenge the status quo in order to foster bold thinking and outcomes.
- Collaboration – We connect people and ideas to ensure all voices are heard.
- Inclusiveness – We pursue and embrace diverse talent and perspectives.
- Empowerment – We equip and entrust our people to cultivate growth and advance our mission.
- Integrity – We respect all individuals and honour our commitments to one another.